Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thrifting 9-13-08

This time of year, since the weather is co-operating, what better way to spend a few hours than rummaging and thrifting! I came home with one or two nice things, including another cute little tin. This one was all dusty and appeared to have been over-looked for a very long tine. Soooo, I bought it home, cleaned it up and put it up above the kitchen cabinets with the last one and a few others that I already had. This one is marked West Germany on the bottom.
Last week I picked up these wooden doll parts. I have been keeping my eyes open for wooden spools, so these caught my eye. The bag of heads are actually labeled as package tie-ons. The bags of body parts I am planning on turning into cute little pink ladies. I am looking forward to using up all those little pieces of fabric and trim that you just cannot throw away! Yes, I will post pix when the girls are done!


Oh, I just re-did a really neat cigar box. I am please with this one, it is not my usual sytle, I tend to go a bit over-board with my re-do's but I tried to keep this one simple. This cigar box is quite big and the wood is rough so I knew that I did not want to paint it. So, all I did was clean off the old cigar label and place a new 'label' in it's place and then just add two pieces of paper from my stash. Now it is a very handy spice box for the kitchen! Not bad!




4 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

GREAT finds! Have a wonderful week Angela! Hugs, Maryjane

Anonymous said...

Angie,
Love your pink room banner...Beautiful! That little treasure you got...it elegant and beautiful....You have a wonderful talent...love the cigar box. Thanks for stopping by and gave me a sweet comments. You brighten my day. I wish I could find time to thrift...I told my friend we need to do that one Friday or Saturday....You have a Wonderful Wednesday! Smiles and Hugs ~Katherinellen~

Thrifty Cents said...

You found some great things! I love the cigar box re-do! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog as well!

Chanda said...

I really like your old tin. I have really gotten into them here lately. I have been buying everyone I see if they are pretty cheap. I always look to see if they are made in Germany or England. I think they are very pretty to group and so wonderful with buttons and notions in the craft room. I wish yiu would come and help me with my pink room. It is not finished and is a complete mess right now.