After watching oodles of tutorials I finally created my first hand bound art journal. I purchased a spiral bound watercolor pad and of course, there it sat. For weeks. And then I realized that it was just the wrong size and shape for me. It didn't make me want to fill it's pages. So....I cut the wire spiral binding and took apart the book. I scored and folded the pages in half and grouped them into "bundles" of 4 to create the signatures. I then distressed the edges of the pages and punched holes along the folds. The back of the original book was nice heavy card stock so that, cut in half, became the front & back. The "spine" is actually a piece of black felt that was then glued to the inside front & back covers after I hand bound it and the signatures. This worked well, flexible enough to be a spine but had some body to it also. The covers have a thin layer of batting and some of my favorite fabric. And so we have it-my first hand crafted art journal.
Hi there! My name is Angie. I'm originally from the UK, wife to a great guy and mom to one son (and my cute little dog Jemma) I love to spend what free time I have creating altered art, journaling, crafting, sewing, knitting & crocheting.
Contact me at britchickny47(at)yahoo(dot)com