Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tea Bag Party Favor



Here is a very simple but sweet party favor. It is not my original idea. I was at a pre-Christmas luncheon and these were the favors. I have taken a lot of pictures but I am hoping they will give you the basic idea.

6" doily, I found these in the new Wilton cake decorating section at Walmart.

Fold in half

Create this little extra fold, do not go past the center. (This creates a "pocket")

Now fold across the middle the other way.


Add some glue along the pocket fold, all the way to the outer edge.


See how it "plumps" it up.


Now you will embelish. I used very inexpensive silk flowers.

The glue dots worked quite well here.


Add the flower and ribbon. (what a pain to tie that little bow!)



And here is your tea-bag party favor.


8 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Very cute! I will have to have a party to use those!!! Hey, if you ever have to go to the DMV pop in a cross the hall to say hello, I'll be there!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

That is such a great IDEA!
Thanks for sharing it, with us all!
Kisses Kisses
Debbie Moss

(England)

Unknown said...

How cute is that.. I am going to use this idea for my moms 80th birthday party. Clever girl!
K-falls Farmgirl sister #309

Cathy Cobblestone said...

That is such a cute idea - thanks for the "lesson" - I always looooove learning and seeing everybody else's wonderful ideas. Now, can I come to tea?? Your blog looks beautiful - enjoy your Sunday! Cathy

Rabbithorns said...

These are adorable! Tea is my main food group! Nice of you to explain how-to as well as show them off.

Kristin said...

Hi there! I saw your link on Roxy's blog and just had to visit as pink is my favorite color! This favor idea is very cute. We have many tea parties at our house (as we have three little girls) so I am sure this is one thing we will be trying! Blessings, Kristin

Holly Campbell said...

Very cute idea! You can adapt these for any theme simply by the decorations! Thank you for sharing. . .

Broke Bettie said...

What a great idea - thanks for sharing!

http://twoliablog.com/broke-bettie